Many people, at some point in their lives, choose to get braces to correct any imperfections they may notice about their smile. While braces are a great tool and still have many perks, in today’s day and age, many people are opting to choose Invisalign over braces, for a few key reasons. Read on and reach out to our New Jersey dental team to learn more about Invisalign. Here are some of the questions you may have:
Should I get Invisalign?
Invisalign can fix various cosmetic issues, including gapped teeth, overbites, crowded teeth, underbites, and more. If you have any of those cosmetic issues, then you may consider getting Invisalign.
How does Invisalign work?
First, your dentist will ask you to take the Invisalign Smile Assessment. This is a simple process where your dentist will simply examine your smile and create a treatment plan going forward. You will also receive a preview of how your smile will look after you’ve completed the process. You will then receive your aligners, and you will have to wear them for the majority of your day (20-22 hours per day for anywhere between 12-18 months) to achieve the most effective progress. You will also have to schedule appointments at our office every 6-8 weeks so we can ensure your aligners are working properly and you are on pace to have the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why is Invisalign better than standard braces?
Though both types of aligners are effective means to fix cosmetic imperfections in a person’s smile, there are various reasons why some people choose Invisalign. The most obvious benefit of Invisalign is that you will not have to show wires and brackets every time you smile. That being said, if you do not care about whether people can see your braces or not, there are additional benefits of choosing Invisalign, including the following:
- You can easily remove aligners before meals, and replace them after meals, making it far easier to eat your favorite foods that would otherwise get caught between wires and brackets.
- Parents can view compliance indicators to ensure that their child is using their aligners as they should be.
- You can also brush and floss as you always would, simply by removing and replacing your aligners before and after you go through your daily dental routine.
- Broken wires or brackets will be a thing of the past.
- You may achieve your perfect smile up to 50% faster than using standard aligners.
Contact the Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!