If one of your teeth is worn down, you may require a dental crown. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced team of dental professionals to learn more about dental crowns, why you may need one, and how we can install one painlessly. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What is a crown and what is the benefit of getting one?
Essentially, if your dentist notices that you have a problem with one of your teeth, he may suggest a crown to prevent any further problems. A crown will both cover your tooth and enhance its cosmetic appearance, which can help your confidence, as well as your dental health. The following scenarios are the most common when it comes to crowns:
- You have had a root canal in the past that now requires a crown.
- You have a dental implant that requires the covering of a crown.
- One of your teeth is broken, either due to trauma or otherwise.
- You have a weakened enamel structure, which has caused one of your teeth to wear down.
When you install a prosthetic crown, your tooth will gain the strength it needs, all while improving its aesthetic appearance, as well as its alignment.
What are the different types of dental crowns available?
There are four primary types of dental crowns that our dental team can install. They are as follows:
- Ceramic crowns: Ceramic crowns are porcelain-based and are ideal for teeth that are located at the front of the mouth. This is primarily because they blend in and look most natural in comparison to the color of your other front teeth.
- Gold alloys: Gold alloy crowns do not place wear and tear on the surrounding teeth, allowing your tooth to have a strong crown that will not affect the other teeth in your mouth.
- Base metal alloys: These crowns are resistant to corrosion and are resistant to wear.
- Porcelain fused to metal crowns: Oftentimes, we will fuse porcelain crowns to metal ones for the value of their strength. This will prevent leakage.
If you have any additional questions about dental crowns or you believe you require one, please do not hesitate to speak with our experienced dental team today. We are always here to help. All you have to do is give us a call.
Contact the Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!