Compassionate Family Dentists Serving Morris & Somerset County
If you are missing an entire row of teeth, you may be wondering what your options are to replace them. A full arch replacement is a quick, convenient, and affordable way to replace a whole row of teeth without single implants or dentures. If you are considering your dental options, it is important to speak with an experienced professional who can explain your options and help you achieve your goals. Dental Associates of Basking Ridge has proudly served clients since 1947 and are ready to take on your case as well. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with our experienced staff and learn more about how we can help.
What is a Full Arch Replacement?
A full arch replacement, also commonly referred to as implant supported dentures, can help you restore your smile and give you the confidence you deserve. During a full arch replacement procedure, you will be put under anesthesia to ensure you don’t feel a thing. Depending on your needs, your dentist will put multiple implants into the jaw and snap the denture into place. The various options for full arch replacements include:
- Ball attachment denture, which requires two implants to be placed into the lower jaw so the denture can be attached.
- Bar attachment denture, where four to six implants will be placed into the lower jaw, connected by a custom support bar. The denture will be attached to the bar and can be easily removed for cleaning.
- Screw-retained denture, which offers the maximum amount of stability and requires five or more implants to be installed into the lower jaw that will be secured by screws. This is a permanent option and can allow you to clean it without removal.
Benefits of Full Arch Replacements
Full arch replacements offer a number of different benefits, especially when compared to traditional dentures that can feel unstable and inconvenient. Some of the benefits of a full arch replacement include the following:
- This option is less expensive than individual implants because only four to six implants are required.
- This is a more convenient option, as you can usually get your replacement teeth on the same day you have implants installed.
- Most people don’t need bone grafting done because of the angles that implants are installed.
- The healing process is typically much faster than traditional dentures.
Contact Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
If you are looking for options to replace an entire row of teeth, it is important to consult with a dental professional who can explain which options may be best for you. The experienced staff at Dental Associates of Basking Ridge has proudly served patients throughout Somerset County, New Jersey since 1947. Our goal is to help you achieve the smile you want in the best possible manner. To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, contact Dental Associates of Basking Ridge today.