Many older adults may face dental issues including tooth loss. Though many people think that their only option may be dentures to resolve tooth loss, All-on-4 dental implants can provide you with a secure and comfortable alternative option. This process uses only four dental implants which allow the patient to achieve an entire set of upper or lower teeth. To learn more about how dental implants can restore your smile, continue reading and reach out to our dental team at the Dental Associates of Basking Ridge. Our dental professionals will assist you with each step of the process ahead. Contact our office today to learn more about how we restore your smile in just one day.
What are All-on-4 implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are four small titanium screws that are placed surgically inside of the jawbone. A crown will then be attached to provide you with a natural-looking and fully functional tooth. However, not every tooth requires an implant with this process. The implant will fuse to the bones in your mouth and become a part of the jawbone. This will act as a strong setting for your new prosthetic teeth and prevent future bone loss in your jaw. If you are missing the majority of your teeth, you can have both sets restored with All-on-4 implants.
What are the benefits of All-on-4 implant restoration?
There are various benefits to choosing an All-on-4 restoration plan. This type of implant restoration will provide a less invasive procedure without having to remove your teeth. The following are the most common benefits of All-on-4 implants:
- You will regain the smile you once had
- Your new teeth act in the same way as strong, natural teeth do
- You can eat or drink whichever foods you want
- This is a more permanent option than dentures
- There is typically no bone grafting required
- The prosthetic teeth feel comfortable in your mouth, unlike dentures
- The prosthetic teeth are made of zirconia, which is a very strong material
- You will be able to bite down with greater force
- You will only need four implants, as opposed to eight or more than other options use
- Your facial features can be restored and make you look younger
If you have any further questions about choosing an All-on-4 restoration plan, continue reading and contact our team.
Contact The Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!