When someone is missing a full row of teeth, they often look for a viable option for replacing those teeth. In many cases, a full arch replacement is the best option for doing so. Essentially, a full arch replacement, which is also frequently referred to as implant-supported dentures, is a procedure wherein your dentist will place you under anesthesia, put multiple implants into your jaw and put the denture into place. This procedure is affordable, quick, and, best of all, you don’t feel a thing. If you believe that you may qualify for a full-arch replacement, please do not hesitate to continue reading and speak with our experienced New Jersey dental team today to learn more about how we can help you get your smile back. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the different types of full arch replacements?
Depending on your circumstances, you will require a specific type of full arch replacements. There are several available, and they are as follows:
- A screw-retained denture: This type of implant requires 5+ implants into the jaw, however, it does offer optimal stability. This option is permanent and allows for cleaning without removal.
- Ball attachment denture: This is essentially when two implants are placed into the lower jaw, thus securely attaching the denture.
- Bar attachment denture: This is when your dentist will place between four and six implants into your lower jaw. From here, this implants will be connected by a custom support bar, and, finally, your dentist will be attached to the bar. You can easily remove and place back the dentures to clean them.
What are the benefits of having a full arch replacement done?
Full arch replacements offer a solid alternative to dentures in many ways, including the following:
- They are less expensive than traditional dental implants.
- In most cases, you will not require bone grafting due to the angles at which we will install the implants.
- You will most likely heal far quicker than by receiving traditional dental implants.
- With traditional implants, you do not always receive your replacement teeth on the same day. With a full arch replacement, you do.
If you have any additional questions or you are ready to get started, please do not hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable New Jersey dental team today to learn more about how we can help.
Contact The Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!