A healthy, happy smile is important to everyone. However, if you are an adult, you may not want to get braces, even if you think you truly need them. Fortunately, there is a virtually invisible alternative to braces, known as Invisalign. If this sounds like something that interests you, please read on to learn more about your options.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign can help fix various dental problems you or your child may have, including, though not limited to:
- Gapped teeth
- Open bites
- A mix of baby teeth and permanent teeth (for children ages 6 to 10)
- Straightening teeth
- Crowded teeth
Additionally, Invisalign is often superior to braces in several different aspects, such as:
- Invisalign can straighten your teeth up to 50% faster than other aligners and braces
- Invisalign is virtually unnoticeable
- You can continue to eat all the foods you love. All you have to do is remove your aligners to eat and drink, without the hassle of getting food caught in your brackets
- You can continue your regular brushing and flossing routine
- You will make fewer trips to the dentist, as you will not need broken wires and brackets fixed
- If you are getting Invisalign for your child, you will be glad to know they have compliance indicators so you can ensure your child is using them enough
How does the Invisalign process work?
Essentially, your dentist will help you take the Invisalign Smile Assessment, and from there, you will come up with a treatment plan that works for you. Your dentist can then show you a preview of your future smile. If you like what you see, you will soon receive your custom-fit aligners, which you will wear between 20 and 22 hours a day for the best results possible.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Generally, Invisalign braces go from anywhere between $3,500 and $8,000. However, there are certain exceptions, and the overall cost depends on the total amount of work you need to be done.
How long does it take for Invisalign to work
You can expect your Invisalign braces to work in 12-18 months, depending on your specific treatment. Sometimes they work sooner (some patients see results in weeks) though they may also take longer than average as well. However, Invisalign still generally works faster than standard braces.
What foods should you avoid with Invisalign?
You should avoid all sticky foods, including gum, caramel, jelly beans, or any other sort of sticky candy. However, you should also try to avoid certain beverages as well. Tea, coffee, and wine can stain your Invisalign aligners, so you must ensure you take them out while eating or drinking.
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!