Invisalign is a great orthodontic option that has provided an alternative to braces. Invisalign is a great option for individuals who do not want the hassle of traditional metal braces. It allows anyone to improve their smile in a virtually invisible way. To learn more about Invisalign and what to expect, continue reading and reach out to our experienced dental team at Dental Associates of Basking Ridge to discover if Invisalign is right for you.
What orthodontic issues are treatable with Invisalign?
Invisalign can improve your smile in a discreet way. There are various issues that are treatable with this process. The following orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign:
- Straightening teeth
- Open bites
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- A mix of baby teeth and permanent teeth (for children ages 6 to 10)
What to Expect
The first step in the Invisalign process is to find a dentist who you trust that offers Invisalign. Next, you will take the Invisalign Smile Assessment. After the assessment is complete, your dentist will come up with a specific treatment plan that works best for you and your teeth. Your dentist will even be able to show you a preview of your future smile. Next, you will get your aligners. You will wear your aligners between 20 and 22 hours a day to achieve the best results. Each set of aligners will be worn for one to two weeks. Throughout the process, you will attend regular check-ups every six to eight weeks.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers an alternative method to traditional braces which means that it avoids all of the common issues of wire braces such as the frustrations of brackets, wires, and pain. Getting your Invisalign aligners can provide the following benefits:
- Teeth are straightened 50% faster than other aligners and braces
- Fewer dental visits to fix broken wires and brackets
- Compliance indicators so parents can see whether their child is wearing their aligners enough
- Continue to eat the foods you love, just be sure to remove your aligners to eat and drink
- Most people won’t even notice you wearing your aligners because they are virtually invisible
- Greater predictability and control over the process than other options
- Continue your regular brushing and flossing routine without the hassle of brackets to get in your way
Contact The Dental Associates of Basking Ridge
Dental Associates of Basking Ridge is a compassionate, gentle, and professional state-of-the-art dental practice serving Basking Ridge, Morris & Somerset County. Our office is always ready to greet our patients with a smile, take the time to answer any questions, and provide the quality dental services our patients expect. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to serving you!